During your pregnancy and when you become a new parent, looking after your mental and physical wellbeing is important for both you and your baby.
Tips on how to improve your mental and physical wellbeing
- Eat regular, healthy meals
- Keep physically active./li>
- Try yoga or Pilates
- Quit smoking and give up alcohol
- Look after your mental wellbeing
- Reduce stress during your pregnancy
Call Pregnancy, Birth and Baby on 1800 882 436 to speak to a maternal child health nurse.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: March 2021