They build community awareness and foster new thinking and innovative treatments and stand alongside stroke survivors, carers and their families, healthcare professionals and researchers.
They offer a voice of stroke in Australia and partner with the community to prevent, treat and beat stroke.
Vision and mission
The Stoke Foundation’s mission is to stop stroke, save lives and end suffering.
How the Stroke Foundation can help
The Stroke Foundation supports survivors on their journey to live the best possible life after stroke. To do this they:
- raise awareness of the risk factors, signs of stroke and promote healthy lifestyles
- improve treatment for stroke to save lives and reduce disability
- improve life after stroke for survivors
- encourage and facilitate stroke research
- advocate for initiatives to prevent, treat and beat stroke
- raise funds from the community, corporate sector and government to continue the mission
Call the Strokeline on 1800 787 653 9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri AEST, to speak to a health professional who can provide information and advice on stroke treatment, prevention and recovery.
If you require immediate assistance, or think you or someone you know is having a stroke, call 000 immediately.
Programs, apps and tools
- EnableMe helping with stroke recovery
- My Stroke Journey consumer resource that supports health professionals to deliver high quality information and care planning to patients, family members and carers