Every child’s experience of cancer is unique. To give a child the best chance of managing the cancer journey positively, the whole family and each individual needs to be supported to manage their unique cancer experience. By alleviating the financial and emotional stress and enabling children and their families and their support networks to develop their strengths and skills, Redkite assists the whole family to achieve that positive end.
Vision and mission
Redkite wants every family in Australia that’s facing childhood cancer to have the strength and support they need.
Redkite see a world where no family facing childhood cancer has to face it alone. A world where they have access to the finance, practical tools, knowledge, and emotional support they need to face the immense challenges that childhood cancer brings.
How Redkite can help
You are not alone with cancer. Redkite will listen, respect and respond to you and your family with essential support fromhospital to home.
Redkite is available for young people aged up to 18 with cancer and anyone caring for them, including parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents, step-parents, carers, friends of the family and partners of the young people.
- essential emotional and mental health support through group and individual counselling for the entire family, including children
- financial assistance to pay for essentials like bills, groceries and fuel
- information, advice, apps and resources to help families navigate a new and complex world of childhood cancer
Information / help lines
To access support including information, counselling and practical assistance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Call 1800 733 548 Mon to Fri, 9am-7pm (AEST)
Programs, apps and tools
- myRedkite Redkite’s online portal for access to their services, including financial assistance, group sessions
- Redkite’s programs learn more about the support services and programs that Redkite offers
- Resources and tools a trusted source of information, articles, tips and tools to help anyone navigate the world of childhood cancer
- Events and group sessions where families and friends can connect with others in a similar situation