Vision and mission
NSW Health's vision is for a sustainable health system that delivers outcomes that matter most to patients and the community, is personalised, invests in wellness and is digitally enabled.
How NSW Health can help
NSW Health operates more than 220 public hospitals, as well as providing community health and other public health services, for the NSW community through a network of local health districts, specialty networks and non-government affiliated health organisations.
Information lines / help lines
If you have a health emergency, call 000 (triple zero).
If you are not seriously ill, make an appointment to see your general practitioner or call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 anytime (24 hours 7 days a week) for free health information and advice. Your local pharmacist can also advise on many non-serious conditions.
For mental health advice, call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 (24 hours 7 days a week).
For sexual health advice, call the NSW Sexual Health Infolink on 1800 451 624 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm AEST).
Programs and apps and tools
- Mental health — support services and programs for children, teens and adults.
- Child and family health — programs and services for parents, babies and children.
- Public dental services — for emergency and general dental care for eligible patients.
- Immunisation — for protection against vaccine preventable diseases.
- Healthy eating and active living — free tools and programs to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle.
- Alcohol and other drugs — for prevention, early intervention, harm minimisation and treatment options.