Vision and mission
Ngala has a passion for supporting and guiding families and young children through their journey of parenting. After 130 years of working with families across Western Australia, Ngala continues to use the latest research and training alongside community stories and experiences, to develop and deliver services that meet the needs of today’s parents and children.
Ngala's purpose is to support parents, families and communities to enhance the well-being and development of children and young people.
How Ngala can help
Ngala’s services are delivered to families and communities to meet the challenges of raining children and young people, by offering a range of inclusive evidence based support services.
Ngala’s services and programs include:
- Ngala Parenting Line
- Private parenting consultations
- Residential parenting services at our hospital through day, extended and toddler stay services
- Programs and workshops for parents, carers and children
- Early childhood education and care
Information line / help line
- Call Ngala Parenting Line 9368 9368 Mon to Sun, 8am to 8pm
The Ngala Parenting Line offers phone advice and support to parents and carers of children up to 18 years of age. Babies, children and young people thrive when their parents are supported. Our service, provided by trained and experienced professionals, provides up to date child development information, parenting support and referral, to assist parents in their parenting journey.
- ForWhen — Mental health support for expecting and new parents. ForWhen provides new and expecting parents — mums, dads, and guardians — with a caring, supportive mental health navigation service, to guide you and your family throughout your perinatal journey, from conception, up until your child is 12 months old. It’s a national support line that connects you to the right service that can help you understand what you’re feeling and provide the guidance and support you need at the right time. All you need to do is call 1300 24 23 22 or visit forwhenhelpline.org.au.