As the trusted authority leading the attack against asthma, the NAC sets and disseminates the standards of care through our responsive and evidence-based asthma guidelines, practice tools and resources and renowned education program.
The NAC provides information and advice on managing asthma and allergies for children, adolescents and adults.
This includes how to videos on the use of various asthma medication, how to get an updated asthma action plan, and recognising the signs of a severe asthma attack and access to our First Aid Charts.
The National Asthma Council Australia is a collaboration of four member bodies:
- Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy
- Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Through its Sensitive Choice program, the NAC provides the public with the most up to date information about asthma and allergy management. Their iconic blue butterfly empowers people to make informed choices on what asthma and allergy-aware products and services are available, and to live better with asthma and allergies.
Vision and Mission
As the nation’s trusted authority in asthma management and care, the NAC are leading the attack against asthma to improve Australia’s capabilities in helping people with asthma to breathe well.
How the National Asthma Council Australia can help
- provide relevant and accurate guidelines and advice
- shape policy and practice as the responsive and trusted independent asthma authority
- partner to address inequalities in asthma outcomes
- cultivate an engaged and active network of contributors
- maintain sound governance, culture and finances
Information / help lines