The Disability Gateway is an Australian Government initiative.
Vision and mission
The Australian Government is committed to helping improve the lives of people with disability, their families and carers.
The Disability Gateway is a 2019 election commitment to assist all people with disability and their families to locate and access services in their communities.
The Disability Gateway provides a single point of contact for people with disability to become aware of the range of available supports, to access information and connect to services relevant to their needs. This will reduce the fragmentation of available information, eases navigation and increases consumer choice. The Disability Gateway also aims to address enquiries from parties in the disability sector who assist people with a disability, including but not limited to health professionals, disability service providers and advocates.
How Disability Gateway can help
The Disability Gateway will:
- improve the navigation to access relevant information and services
- span multiple sectors including health, housing, employment, transport and everyday living
- exist as a central point of entry for referrals to disability information, services and programs
The Disability Gateway is for all people with disability, their families and carers.
- You can call the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm AEST)
- or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org