For more than 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
They work within and value local community, responding to unmet need with care and respect, assisting those who are disconnected through high-quality personalised support.
Their objective is to ensure you achieve your goals, enhance your relationships, and can move forward with a life based on your own decisions and choices.
Carers Queensland is dedicated to making life better.
Vision and mission
To ensure that caring is a shared responsibility of family, community and government.
To improve the quality of life for caring families.
How Carers QLD can help
Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
They provide information on:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
- Registered training
- Guardianship and advocacy
- Mental health
- Aged care services (Empower Care)
- Disability support
- The Carer Gateway
- Vocational services (Your Caring Way)
Information / Helplines
- Call 07 3900 8100 Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST
- Visit the Carer Gateway or call 1800 422 737, Mon to Fri, 8am to 5pm AEST
- Call 1800 422 737 to make an appointment with the Carer Gateway National Carers Counselling Program, Mon to Fri 9am to 6pm AEST. Counselling is offered face-to-face, via telephone, email and Skype, or in a group