For more than 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
They work within and value our local community, responding to unmet need with care and respect, assisting those who are disconnected through high-quality personalised support.
Carers Queensland's objective is to ensure you achieve your goals, enhance your relationships, and can move forward with a life based on your own decisions and choices.
Vision and mission
To make life better by connecting and enriching the lives of people in our community.
A community that celebrates diversity and inclusion, ensuring carers, people with disability and their families are enabled social and economic participation in society.
How Carers Queensland can help
Carers Queensland are dedicated to making life better by providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services such as:
- Carer Program
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Local Area Coordination (LAC) Partner in the Community (PITC) program
- Registered Training
- Guardianship and Advocacy
- Young Carer Program
- No Interest Loans
- Your Caring Way (Employment and training services)
Information / Helplines
- Carer Program – call 1300 747 636
- Training Program – call 1300 626 636
- NDIS Program – call 1300 999 636
- Your Caring Way – call 1300 585 636
- Carer Gateway - call 1800 422 737, Mon to Fri, 8am to 5pm AEST
- Or visit the Carer Gateway website
- Carer Gateway Counselling - call 1800 422 737, Mon to Fri, 8am to 5pm AEST (Counselling is offered face-to-face, via telephone, email and Skype, or in a group. 24 hour crisis services are available if a carer is distressed and requires immediate support)