Carers are family members or friends who provide unpaid care to people with disability, mental illness, chronic condition, terminal illness or who are frail-aged. There are 50,200 carers in the ACT. Carers ACT is a nongovernment, not-for-profit organisation.
How Carers ACT can help
Carers ACT offers a range of supports and services designed to nurture, connect and empower carers through practical support such as short-term replacement care when you need a break, counselling, educational workshops, social and therapeutic activities and advocacy.
Information / help lines
- Carer support 1800 422 737 Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm (Calls on weekends and public holiday and weekdays after 5pm and before 8am will automatically transfer to after-hours service)
- Visit Carer Gateway or call 1800 422 737 8am to 5pm, Mon to Fri
- Respite cottages and programs for dementia and frail-aged care
- Young Carer Support - Carers ACT
- Social Events and Programs