Vision and mission
The ABTA’s philosophy is to encourage a collaborative, multi-disciplinary and individualised approach to pregnancy, birth and postpartum care that recognises each woman’s life experiences, values, wants, needs and physical health requirements.
How Australasian Birth Trauma Association (ABTA) can help
By providing education, support and advocacy the ABTA achieves its key objectives:
- To advocate for birthing women in Australia and New Zealand with an emphasis on pre and postnatal psychological and physical well-being.
- To expand partnerships with health professionals and government bodies that will increase awareness of birth trauma and better coordinate prevention and treatment.
- To support and promote research that is focused on proven approaches to identifying and handling birth trauma for the continued education of health professionals.
- To improve the long-term well-being of the mother and families of those affected by birth trauma.
- To provide education that furthers the knowledge and understanding of birth-related trauma in the community.