Asthma Australia is a for-purpose, consumer organisation with a history of improving the lives of people with asthma.
It operates across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory to deliver evidence-based prevention and health strategies to more than half a million people each year. Asthma Australia works in partnership with the Asthma Foundations of Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Asthma Australia works with people with asthma, their family and friends, health professionals, researchers and governments to find the best treatments and practices to make sure life with asthma is the best it can be.
Vision and mission
Asthma Australia’s vision is to see a community that is free of asthma.
Its mission is to achieve this by:
- halving the number of avoidable hospital presentations because of asthma by 2030
- helping everyone in the community to understand asthma so they can help if they are in an emergency situation
- challenging the way we do things now, to keep improving asthma prevention and treatment outcomes for people with asthma
How Asthma Australia can help
Asthma Australia advocates for people with asthma and the people who care for them. The organisation supports research into the causes, prevention and treatments for asthma, and provides, education and training, including first aid, in how to respond if someone close to you experiences asthma symptoms.
- Call 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462) Mon to Fri, from 9am to 5pm AEST
- Book a call with an asthma educator online
Programs and apps
- Asthma Assist a free asthma information service that supports you in managing asthma
- Asthma apps Asthma Australia has developed three apps to assist people with asthma and their carers