Health app | By: Murdoch Children's Research Institute
- About: concussion, concussion diagnosis, management and recovery
- Suitable for: parents, first aiders, trainers, coaches
- Cost: free
- More information: headcheck.com.au
The HeadCheck App is a concussion app to assist parents, first aiders, trainers and coaches to recognise and manage recovery of concussion in kids.
HeadCheck is evidence-based and specifically designed for children and adolescents. Developed by leading child concussion experts at the AFL, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) and the Royal Children’s Hospital, HeadCheckTM helps parents, coaches and first aiders recognise the signs of concussion to determine whether medical attention is required and how to manage the safe return to school, play and organised sport.
- provides concussion symptom assessments
- asks prioritised medical based questions and observations
- identifies whether a child’s head injury requires an ambulance or a visit to a doctor and connects to ‘000’ if required
- provides support to parents/trainers/first aiders in high stress situations
- records incident details in the Incident report
- allows trainer to transfer details and care to the parent simply via a text message
- asks parents to rate the severity of the child’s symptoms pre-injury and how they are now
- provides tasks and concussion education to parents based on their child’s symptoms and progress
- guides parents on safe return to school and play, based on latest research and clinical guidelines
NOTE: This app is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this app is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the app or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: February 2020