It may not sound like fun, but checking your baby's poos and wees will help monitor their health.
Tips on what to check in your baby's nappy
- After the first week, expect around 6 wet nappies a day.
- Some babies will poo every day, some every few days.
- Poo can range in colour from mustard yellow to green.
- Breastfeeding, formula and solids will all effect the colour and texture.
- Watch for signs of diarrhoea or constipation.
Call Pregnancy, Birth and Baby on 1800 882 436 to speak to a maternal child health nurse.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: June 2021