What's in the nappy? - video
It may not sound like fun, but checking your baby's poos and wees will help monitor their health.
Tips on what to check in your baby's nappy
- After the first week, expect around 6 wet nappies a day.
- Some babies will poo every day, some every few days.
- Poo can range in colour from mustard yellow to green.
- Breastfeeding, formula and solids will all effect the colour and texture.
- Watch for signs of diarrhoea or constipation.
For advice and support, speak to your doctor, midwife or child health nurse.
Call Pregnancy, Birth and Baby on 1800 882 436 to speak to a maternal child health nurse.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: June 2021