Tresillian Family Care Centres
Help with an unsettled baby, maintaining breastfeeding, and peri-natal anxiety and depression are some of the reasons why families call on Tresillian for help. For parents needing support and advice, a good place to start is the Tresillian website, www.tresillian.org.au — checkout 'Tresillian’s Tip' sheets! There, you can also read up on all their services, where they're located and how they can help your family.
Advice from a Tresillian Nurse
Tresillian's Parent's Help Line Nurses are only a call away, ready to provide a listening ear, helpful advice, and to assist you to access the Tresillian service which will best meet your needs. Parents can refer themselves to a Tresillian Service. Call our Tresillian Parent’s Help Line on 1300 272 736 open 7am-11pm — 7 days.
What are the reasons for Self-Referral to Tresillian in NSW?
Becoming a new parent can be overwhelming and exhausting. Add to that the stresses of the COVID-19 pandemic, it means parenting may be even more difficult. Tresillian can help you and your family during this challenging time with:
- Practical guidance and support on what you can do to help your baby sleep better
- Feeding your baby — breastfeeding or bottle-feeding
- Working out baby’s sleep/feed/play daily rhythm or pattern
- Toddler behaviour
- Coping with twins or triplets
- Self-care — your own emotional health and wellbeing especially during COVID-19
What Tresillian Services are available to parents?
Telehealth Virtual Consultations are now available from your phone, tablet or computer with a Tresillian Nurse, Psychologist or Social Worker. To book an appointment call the Tresillian Parent’s Help Line on 1300 272 736.
Visit a Tresillian Centre for the morning or afternoon and receive individual advice on your baby. For more details on Day Services and our Centre locations click here. Call our Tresillian Parent’s Help Line to discuss your needs on 1300 272 736.
Tresillian’s Residential Programs operate in NSW at Tresillian Canterbury, Nepean and Willoughby, the ACT and in regional NSW at Macksville on the Mid North Coast. Families live in for 4-nights, 5-days and are offered an individual parenting program that addressed their particular issue. For more details on Residential Services click here. Call our Tresillian Parent’s Help Line to discuss your needs on 1300 272 736.
How much does it cost?
Day Services including Telehealth consultations are free of charge. Residential Services are covered by Medicare and/or your family’s private health fund.
Are Tresillian Centres COVID-19 safe?
Yes. Your safety and wellbeing is Tresillian's TOP PRIORITY! Tresillian would like to assure families that they are in regular contact with health authorities, ensuring they are taking all steps to minimise the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. This includes screening of all families and staff attending their services each day, strictly adhering to social distancing guidelines and providing a range of options to access for help and support for parents.
Where are Tresillian Family Care Centres located?
- Metropolitan Sydney at Canterbury (Residential Unit and Day Services), Nepean (7 Days Residential Unit & Day Services), Willoughby (Residential Unit), and Wollstonecraft (Day Services).
- Regional NSW (Day Services) Broken Hill, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, Grafton, Lismore, Queanbeyan, Taree and Wagga Wagga,
- Satellite Services (NSW) Cooma, Woolgoolga, Grafton, Bulahdelah, Cootamundra, Coonamble
- Macksville — (Residential Unit)
- Victoria Albury Wodonga (Day Services)
- ACT — QEII (Residential Unit)
- Tresillian 2U Early Years Parenting Mobile Van — NSW Mid-North Coast NSW (Wauchope, Kempsey, Macksville, Bowraville)