Vision and mission
SMS4dads is strongly committed to lifting the support for men as they become fathers. We base our decisions and content on research.
They are targeting dads in the early stages of parenting (where their needs are often not recognized) so that children and families will have better life outcomes.
How SMS4dads can help
SMS4dads allows new dads to join up and receive text messages and support straight to their phones from 12 weeks into a pregnancy and throughout the first year of parenthood.
The service is free and available nationally.
In 2021, with federal funding, the service expanded to support fathers:
- from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- whose partners experienced mental health distress
- whose partners experienced stillbirth or miscarriage
- whose babies were in Neonatal Intensive Care.
Information lines / help lines
- Register for SMS4dads at www.sms4dads.com.au. It’s free and you can opt out anytime.