Vision and mission
Making space for complex mental health.
How SANE can help
Choose from counselling, peer support, online groups, and events, 24/7 community forums, and online information and resources.
Information lines / help lines
- Call 1800 187 263, Monday to Friday, 10am - 8pm (AEST/AEDT).
- Talk to a Mental Health Professional: SANE’s team of trained staff and volunteers provide free support, information, and resources. Monday to Friday, 10am - 8pm (AEST/AEDT).
- Ongoing guidance and support: Work with a dedicated support team to identify your goals and tailor a support plan that's right for you. Choose from a range of supports, incl. multi-session
- Online Forums Community: SANE’s online community forums provide a safe, non-judgmental space to share your experiences, seek advice and surround yourself with support. Available 24/7.
- Weekly Online Discussions Group: guided by SANE peer support workers and supported by counsellors. New topics each week.
- Monthly Live Educational Events: Topic Tuesday is a live Q&A discussion. Each month a different topic is facilitated by a subject matter expert, a community manager or moderator, and supported by a peer support worker. Last Tuesday of every month, at 5:30pm (AEST/AEDT)
- Information and Resources: Access information you can trust on complex mental health issues. SANE factsheets and guides are easy to read and can help you understand what’s happening and what strategies can be helpful. Available 24/7.
- Get Creative with SANE: The arts have the power to move, to heal and to help us understand ourselves and each other. SANE Create programs provide an outlet to engage with creative activities. Check out the latest program schedule.
- Peer Guide training and mentoring: Receive guidance and support to develop the skills to use your personal mental health experiences as a peer support worker, building confidence and readiness for employment or further education. Multiple intakes throughout the year.