Vision and mission
Red Nose strives to reduce the rates of sudden and unexpected death of babies including those during pregnancy, whilst providing best practice bereavement support for those (anyone) impacted by the death of a baby or young child.
How Red Nose can help
Red Nose offers bereavement support services for anyone impacted by the death of a baby or young child and through their 24/7 phone support line, online live chat support, peer support service, counselling, their hospital to home bereavement support program. Their services include support groups, grief and loss support library, remembrance services and events.
They provide advice and education on safe sleeping, safe settling and safer pregnancy for parents, families, health professionals and educators.
Information lines / help lines
- For 24 hour/7 day a week/365 days a year bereavement support please call 1300 308 307. Visit Red Nose Grief and Loss for further information.
- For Safe Sleeping information and resources visit Red Nose or call us on 1300 998 698, Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm AEST
Programs and apps and tools
- Hospital to Home program — provides support to parents leaving the hospital after stillbirth, sudden infant death or neonatal death by connecting them with mental health support services, assisting them with memory-making activities and also helping with funeral arrangements. The program is tailored to the needs and wants of the family and is world-first in terms of its design and delivery.
- Grief and Loss training — designed to build the skills of people who interact with bereaved families and clients.
- Safe sleep training — packages are based on the latest scientific evidence and have been developed by our Safe Sleep Experts to help you keep babies in your care safe.