PIRI makes a unique contribution to early intervention in Australia by combining basic research and clinical expertise to address perinatal depression and other difficulties facing parents and infants. PIRI is an international leader in postnatal depression research and is engaged in active collaboration with groups in Australia, the UK and US.
PIRI is Australia’s largest treatment research centre for antenatal and postnatal depression, with a track record of turning research into practice and developing novel parent-infant interventions including e-mental health interventions, training professionals in parent-infant mental health and expertise in prematurity.
PIRI is a part of Austin Life Sciences, based at Austin Health, Melbourne.
Areas of specialty include:
- supporting the mental health of parents in the transition to parenthood
- treatment of antenatal and postnatal depression and anxiety
- mother-infant relationships
- infant development
- mitigating the impacts of premature birth
- screening and identification of antenatal and postnatal depression
- developing effective interventions
Read PIRI’s full Mission Statement here