Vision and mission
'Better, healthier outcomes for newborns and their families challenged by prematurity or sickness.'
- Support, education and resources for families of premature and sick newborns from conception to birth and the years beyond.
- Working in partnership with healthcare providers and professional organisations in education, training, funding, research and resources.
- Advocate to positively influence the long-term outcome for families.
- Create meaningful communities that empower families and children to reach their full potential.
- Drive innovation and quality to facilitate improved care and healthier outcomes.
How Miracle Babies Foundation can help
For families, the experience of having a baby come into the world not as expected or planned is life changing. Without support, this overwhelming and traumatic experience can have lifelong effects on the emotional wellbeing of these miracle families. It affects the entire family unit.
Since 2005, Miracle Babies Foundation has been passionate in developing and providing vital programs and resources to support and enhance a family’s experience from a threatened pregnancy, hospital journey with a premature or sick newborn, the transition to home and beyond.
Information lines / help lines
- NurtureLine 1300 622 243 (1300 MBABIES) 24hr family support helpline
Programs and apps and tools
- NurtureLine: free 24hr family support helpline for families of a premature or sick newborn; 1300 622 243 (1300 MBABIES).
- NurtureGroup: free play and support groups for families who have experienced the birth of a premature or sick newborn.
- NurtureTime: parent support sessions held in partnering hospitals' NICU and SCN on a set schedule.
- NurtureOnline: In light of most Neonatal Intensive Care Units being closed to only parental visitors, Miracle Babies are offering weekly NurtureOnline sessions.
- NurtureProgram Resources: their vital resources assist with the support, education and connection for parents throughout different needs of their NICU/SCN journey.