InsideRadiology has two key audiences:
- health consumers (patients, their families and friends); and
- health professionals (referring clinicians and allied health professionals).
InsideRadiology is a conduit of communication between Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR), health consumers, and health professionals; further promoting the role and value of clinical radiology and clinical radiologists in patient care.
Clinical radiology is a specialised branch of medicine that uses state of the art equipment and a range of techniques to capture images of the inside of the body.
Clinical radiologists (radiologists) are qualified medical doctors trained to perform and interpret medical images to diagnose and sometimes treat injuries and diseases of all parts of the body.
You may be referred to a clinical radiologist by your doctor or specialist.
Vision and mission
The mission of Inside Radiology is to be the leading Australasian resource on clinical radiology tests, procedures, and interventions, providing up-to-date information to health consumers and health professionals and improving doctor-patient communication.
How Inside Radiology can help
The aim of the Inside Radiology website is to provide consumers and referrers with accurate, up to date information about radiology that is easy to use and understand. It contains:
- information about radiology tests and procedures for patients and/or carers
- additional clinical and technical information for health professionals about radiology tests and image – guided treatments
- information about roles and training of the different health professionals involved in providing imaging services
- instructions about how to find the information you are looking for on the website