Their support is a commitment for life because there is no known cure. People with congenital heart disease face unique challenges for their entire life.
HeartKids purpose is to make a real and lasting impact for the Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) community.
Vision and mission
HeartKids seek to give every child, teenager, and adult in Australia with congenital or childhood acquired heart disease a fighting chance to live a long, healthy, and fulfilling life.
HeartKids drives funding to unite researchers, clinicals, heart kids, families and communities through research and action programs.
How HeartKids can help
- Peer support, with programs in most metro and regional areas nationally
- 1:1 Family Support Coordination providing practical information and guidance from our dedicated teams
- A range of information and resources relating to: hospital stays, travel and accommodation subsidies, and connection to other support networks and community-based agencies
- A diverse library of factsheets relating to specific conditions, as well as resources to support a new diagnosis, growing up with a heart condition, and living as an adult with CHD.
- Call 1800 HEARTK (1800 432 897) Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, AEDT/AEST
- Use Webchat service on HeartKids' website, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, AEDT/AEST
Programs, apps and tools
- UpBeat Teen App a free app designed for young people with a heart condition who are starting to manage their lives and health care more independently