We have a range of programs available, including:
- Standard health coaching for anyone aged 16 years and over
- Get healthy in pregnancy for pregnant women in NSW
- Type 2 diabetes for those at risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Alcohol reduction program for those wanting to adopt healthier options
- Aboriginal communities can yarn to our Aboriginal Liaison Officer
- Chinese communities can talk to our Mandarin or Cantonese speaking coaches
- Brief intervention, a one off health coaching call with one of our expert health coaches.
Since 2009, over 100,000 people in NSW have engaged with the NSW Get Healthy Service. The average weight loss is 2.8 kilograms and 4.1 centimetres reduction in waist circumference.
Vision and mission
The NSW Get Heathy Service supports and empowers NSW adults over 16 years to achieve and sustain a healthy and active lifestyle.
How Get Healthy Service can help
The Get Healthy Service provides one on one health coaching over the telephone to guide, support and motivate NSW adults to achieve their personal health goal.
So whether you are looking for support and motivation to get healthy in general, during pregnancy, or would just like a one off coaching session, we have a program for you.
There are tools and information available to support people to achieve and maintain a healthy weight such as the pregnancy weight gain calculator.
They provide health professionals with evidence based program for patients that are at risk of developing chronic disease that complements care and provides clinical outcomes.
Information lines / helplines
- NSW Get Healthy Service 1300 806 258
- Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEST)