Vision and mission
Their vision is for all people to have high quality reproductive and sexual health. Their mission is to enhance the reproductive and sexual health and rights of our communities by supporting all people to have control over and decide freely on all matters related to their reproductive and sexual health throughout their life.
How Family Planning Australia can help
They provide clinical services, health promotion and education and training at clinics across NSW.
They provide health information, education and training for doctors, nurses, midwives, teachers and other health, education and welfare professionals.
Their Talkline service provides a confidential, non-judgemental telephone and email information and referral service for all who need advice across NSW.
They also work to provide reproductive and sexual health services in the Pacific through funding from Australian aid and donations.
Information lines / help lines
- Call Talkline on 1300 658 886 Mon to Fri, 8am to 8pm AEST
Programs and apps and tools
- Planet Puberty: a free comprehensive digital resource supporting parents and carers to support their children with intellectual disability and/or autism through puberty https://www.planetpuberty.org.au/
- Body Talk: information for teenagers and young people about puberty, relationships and sexual health https://bodytalk.org.au/
- Talking Frank: a free podcast for young people about sex, relationships, and sexual health https://www.frank.org.au/podcast/
- Freedom Condom: a friendly, confidential way for young people to access free condoms, lube and sexual health information https://www.freedomcondom.org.au/