Diabetes Victoria is a membership-based organisation that provides diabetes education, awareness activities and research assistance covering type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes for people living with and/or at risk of diabetes, their families, carers and health professionals.
In partnership with Deakin University, Diabetes Victoria established the Australian Centre for Behavioural Research in Diabetes (ACBRD) in 2010. It is the nation's first research centre dedicated to the behavioural, psychological and social aspects of diabetes with a focus on improving the quality of life of all people affected by diabetes in Australia.
Vision and mission
Diabetes Victoria works to support, empower and campaign for Victorians affected by, or at risk of, diabetes.
How Diabetes Victoria can help
- Diabetes Victoria provides information about diabetes, products, services, programs, event, membership, advocacy and general support to promote self-management for all people living with diabetes.
- They coordinate more than 90 diabetes support groups across Victoria.
- Diabetes Victoria assists health professionals with information, resources and professional development to support their clients who are living with diabetes.
- They develop resources and provide ongoing support to schools and aged care facilities across Victoria. Each year, Diabetes Victoria also organises children’s camps in partnership with the Royal Children’s and Monash Children’s Hospitals.
- Diabetes Victoria is an agent for the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) in the state of Victoria. The NDSS is a national initiative of the Australian Government that is administered with the assistance of Diabetes Australia. The NDSS provide products and services to help people manage their diabetes. They support the delivery of these services in Victoria.
- NDSS Helpline Call 1300136588 Mon to Fri 8:30am to 5pm, Sat and National Public Holidays 9am to 12noon
- Multilingual Diabetes Helpline (170 languages available) Call 1300 01164 Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm
- The Koorie Diabetes Infoline Call 1300 KOORIE (1300 566 743) Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm
- Programs and services for type 1 diabetes
- Programs and services for type 2 diabetes
- Programs and services for health professionals
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs and services