Vision and mission
The chances are you will be a carer, need a carer or know a carer throughout your lifetime.
We have a vision of an Australia that values and supports the contribution that carers make both to the people they care for and to the community as a whole.
We work to improve the health, wellbeing, resilience and financial security of carers and to ensure that caring is a shared responsibility of family, community and government.
How Carers Australia can help
Through our high-level connections with government and community leaders, Carers Australia is well positioned to successfully represent and advocate on behalf of carers.
We use a combination of national advocacy programs, events and government liaison to drive change and improve the lives of family and friend carers across Australia.
Information lines / help lines
- Visit Carer Gateway or call 1800 422 737 Mon to Fri, 8am to 5pm AEST
- Call 1800 242 636 to make an appointment with the National Carers Counselling Program, Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm AEST. Counselling is offered face-to-face, via telephone, email and Skype, or in a group.
- Call Carers Australia (02) 6122 9900 Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST
Programs, apps and tools
- Young Carers Network a source of information for young carers
- Young Carer Bursary a bursary program to support young carers in their education and training
- Carer Forum a space for carers to connect with fellow carers