ARPANSA deals with both ionising and non-ionising radiation. Common sources of ionising radiation include X-rays, CT scans and naturally occurring radioactive materials. Common sources of non-ionising radiation include the sun, mobile phones, base stations and power lines.
Vision and mission
- ARPANSA's purpose is to protect the Australian people and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation.
How ARPANSA can help
The ARPANSA program of work entails four key strategic activities that guide their priorities and contribute to delivering radiation protection and nuclear safety outcomes to the Australian community:
- Initiate, maintain, and promote frameworks for protection and safety
- Undertake research and provide expert evaluations, advice, and services
- Ensure effective and risk-informed regulation
- Enhance organisational innovation and capability
Information / help lines
- Call 1800 022 333 Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST, or email: email@example.com