It collaborates with like-minded organisations such as Primary Health Networks (PHNs), Public Health Units, Government health departments and other groups that fight vaccine hesitancy.
The Immunisation Coalition is a champion for immunisation education, providing timely, accurate and science-based information about vaccines and the diseases they prevent.
Vision and mission
To improve the protection of all Australians against infectious diseases by advocacy for immunisation.
The Immunisation Coalition's mission is to achieve this by:
- creating public awareness regarding the importance of immunisation by providing educational materials and communication programs
- co-operating with key Australian professional bodies, consumer advocacy groups and the Australian, State and Territory Governments in their educational activities focused on immunisation to bring information to Australian healthcare professionals and the public
- working with consumers, health professionals and organisations with an interest in immunisation, ensuring that the information provided to consumers through their website and other communication channels is current, easily understood and informed by the science.
How the Immunisation Coalition can help
- by creating awareness and providing evidence-based information
- by providing educational resources
- holding scientific meetings and educational forums on influenza and adult vaccination
Programs apps and tools
- Be flusmart
- Take the flu test
- Influenza symptom checker
- Be pneumosmart
- Pneumococcal vaccination tool