Download this guide as a PDF
View text version of infographic
- Folded and fastened with pinsor clips
- Usually made of cotton
- Can be fastened with velcro or clips
- Waterproof layer near or on the outside
- Leak-proof shell
- One or more absorbent layers
- Water resistant outer shell
- Absorbent inserts
- Plastic outer layer
- Super-absorbent chemicals layer
- Non-chemically absorbent
- Made from fabrics, bamboo and paper pulp
Want more like this?
See more guides and infographics from Pregnancy, Birth and Baby.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: October 2022